Monday, June 04, 2007

The sound of bottles crashing is music to my ears

My best friend sent me this banner:

It's a good movement and I support it morally, but I can't say I can participate. Even when I do try to type out all my words, I'm trying to do it so fast that I misspell them all anyway.
However, I do vow never to use a certain term in the context of a blog, except this once, and that is "meme". It's a perfectly valid word, coined in the seventies by Richard Dawkins, but for some reason it bothers me in the context of blogs and internet discussion threads. Is it because I'm an elitist snob? Almost definitely. While the term bothers me, that does not mean I won't participate in what it represents. So here is my media player shuffle soundtrack:

Opening credits:Folk Implosion - Fall Into November

Waking up:Lou Barlow- Alone to decide

First day of school:Supervitesse-Conectivity!
wow, I didn't know I had this one!

Falling in love:Ed Shepp- Eat the Pussy
I shit you not. This one is Scott's fault

First song: Electric six- I'm the bomb
Scott again. Damn him.

Break up: 88 lines about 44 women

Prom:Skankin Pickle- Take a look
I like it because it would be a really terrible prom.

Driving: Animal Collective-grass
Cool! That one works great!

flashback: Sonic youth- Pacific Coast Highway
flashback to something creepy!

New realtionship: Lou BArlow- Cranky
Not a good start to a relationship

Wedding: Hungry like the Wolf- duran duran

Beer purchase: Single girl,Married girl-boontdusties(me!)
I changed this from "Birth of kittens" which was changed from "birth of baby". I'm just being silly. The song is a haunting version of the Carter Family song that I did with friends who didnt practice it with me before recording :(

final battle:Happy Mondays- 24hr party people
That would be an awesome battle!

death scene:Beatles- In my life
Aww...

funeral:madness- our house
uh...okay

End credits:She's a rainbow- Rolling stones
Perfect!

1 comment:

Earl Cootie said...

I'm somewhat bothered by the current use of "meme" and I used to issue a disclaimer of sorts every time I used it that way. But if ye can no bete hem . . .

"Grass" would be a cool driving song.