Sunday, April 08, 2007

He is Risen!

I had a pretty cool Easter this year, but I think that's just because Easter happened to fall on a pretty cool weekend for me.

On Saturday, I was noticably depressed at work for, once again, no reason at all. After work I met the guy at Neumo's where DJ Heather was playing (do DJs "play"?). I was with him earlier in the day and could tell that he was excited to see her and go out and dance. By the time I got there I wasn't depressed anymore, got a drink or two, and started feeling the music. Jeremy and his friend Bill both said the opening DJ wasn't as good as DJ Heather. I couldn't tell. I don't know good house music from bad house music.

I had a few more drinks and met some of Jeremy's dancing friends, but there were two other things I did that were really unexpected. First off, I went into the men's room which was rather crowded a was able to pee...with the stall door open (I thought at first it didn't have one)! Huge breakthrough for me. The other thing was I danced my heart out, and had fun doing it. I'm not all hella into dancing now or anything, but for the first time I didn't feel I had to force it OR get incredibly wasted. I only got adequetly wasted, but that would have happened without dancing. I also dance a lot better when I have a drink in one hand.

Hopped a cab back with a driver named Moses who, while J$ was in 7-11, I had no problem conversing with.

Cut to Easter morning:
The day started great, plus I didn't even have a hangover! I was bummed that the sun was out. I went to work and made more money(I think) because Jesus was resurrected today. And then it got gray. The clouds came in and the sun went away and I was as happy as a pig in slops. A couple of times, after it started raining but before it got dark,I went outside. I decided that this was some of the best rain I had seen in a long time. It wasn't cold or stormy, the rain was steady and fell straight down, and it wasn't too hard or light. It was perfect, like a refreshing shower.

So with the exception of having to be at work this easter, I was in elated-ish spirits.

Amen.

1 comment:

jeremy said...

I had a good time too, babe.