Friday, April 06, 2007

I've been too harsh

Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age, but I've realized that there are some things that I always said I hated that I don't really hate. Mostly, I'm just indeifferent to them. Here are some:

Jim Carrey- I really did hate him when he was just playing the same annoying character over and over. However, when put into a decent role, he's not that bad of an actor. Well, my only reference for that is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but it still shows his potential.

Will Farrel See above. Although I don't see an end to his stupid movies any time soon, so I will remain indifferent.

Steely Dan I think when I was young, like eighth grade, someone said they sucked and it remained engrained in my mind ever since. They're actually not that bad, at least not bad enough to hate, and their bass is sweet.

Bruce Vilanch He once said that he thinks straight actors playing gay men is as bad as blackface. He then went on to portray Edna Turnblad in the Hairspray Broadway musical, a gay man playing a straight woman. This seemed hypocritical to me. Still, I can't honestly say that I know enough about Mr. Vilanch or his ideology to say that I hate him. In fact, I think this blurb reports EVERYTHING I do know about him, except he was on Hollywood Squares a lot.

When I think of more things I don't actually hate, I'll post them. Children will NOT be on that list.

No comments: