Sunday, March 25, 2007

it started innocently enough

I got home from work today and was just gonna do laundry, watch a movie, and drink the two beers I had left over from my weekend.(I cant believe im still up to write this) I ended up getting into the Pear Absolut vodka I purchased on thirst-day after a heinous experience at the DMV. While my last load was in the dryer, I decided to take a walk with those two beers into a nearby park, the depths of which I accidentally discovered last night.
I was reading the latest issue of Wonder Woman, and it slipped into the cracks of my porch, and I had to crawl under to get it. After that, I got my MP3 player that I had just refreshed today, and walked into the night.
As I walked into the park, I was aware only of the music, finishing my first beer and throwing th bottle into a nearby garbage can. Mind you, it's prabably about 1:30 AM. I go up a trail and stand under a tree with drooping branches. I made sure before going under there that it was dark, I could not be seen. As I drank the second beer and smoked my third-to-last cigarette, I listened to:
Cub- My Chinchilla
BoontDusties-Rye Whiskey
Sam Cooke-Change is Gonna Come
Sarah Silverman- You're Gonna Die Soon
Sebadoh- Think(let tomorow be)

All of these you can get off Limewire, if you're so inclined.

I started on my way home, and ran into the park where my work had had it's annual picnic last year (Dandy Warhols- We Used to be Friends). The only swings in that playground were the ones for babies. Lame. Then I let gravity pull me as I ran down the hill towards 3rd Ave, where I live (Tilly and the Wall- Ice Storm, Big Gust, and You). I was smoking my second to last cig when I saw a bundle of wire hanging off a stop sign. I wanted a picture of it and reached for my phone. It was not in my pocket. It was not in ANY of my pockets. I knew I had to retrace my steps.

The most likely place it was was the slope I had run down, towards 3rd avenue. I went back, thinking I looked crazy, all buzzed and scanning the ground as I walked. Fortune was in my corner tonight, however, as I saw the soft glow of the Virgin Mobile robot screen-saver against the grass. My phone had opened as it fell out of my pocket and illuminated the ground so that I could retrieve it.
I then went home, smoking my last cigarette, thinking that adventures like these (I had one even better the night before) only happen when I'm by myself. When I'm alone I can convince myslef to go down that path when the destination is unknown to me. If I'm with my friends, I jsut follow them. That's how I found the damn park in the first place. I was TRYING to get lost the night before, but ended up geting spit out on the street I live on. Cest La Vie.


Typing is hard....

I want to puke...

No comments: