Thursday, October 25, 2007

ok, so....quick update


I just talked to my dad. He's doing just fine. He seemed puzzled that I even asked how he was doing. He also said that my grandma is doing fine, not showing much emotion as usual. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that my family maintains it's usual stoicism, even with the death of the partiarch, a man who was the epitome of stoicism himself. I told my dad how I was feeling, even though I know that it makes him uncomfortable when I do that. He told me that grandpa would say, "Oh, don't worry about it," and he was right. He also pointed out that it wasn't a big surprise, he was 90 years old, after all.

He did tell me that my grandma, who is usually very independent, surprised him by wanting someone to stay with her overnight. I told him this didn't surprise me because, despite her independence, she always had my grandpa right there with her.

No comments: