Thursday, October 25, 2007

it's been quite a week

There were a lot of stressful things going on, but nothing I couldn't handle. All of those things have been resolved, also. Among other things, my tests are over and my water heater is fixed. while these things were coupled with my full work and school schedule I managed to maintain a positive attitude and cheerful demeanor. On Tuesday my Grandpa passed away and that sort of pushed me to a limit I don't think I've been to. I managed to maintain that positive attitude at work and school all the while feeling like a zombie. There was this thing that was trying to get into my brain but I was just too tired to let it sink in. The only time I felt like myself was when I talked to Jeremy about my Grandpa, the only time I gave myself to reflect upon it.

Today, I finally let it sink in. I talked to my mom, KC, and KC's mom on the phone.
I'm feeling much better now. Talking to KC always makes me feel better. I'll fly home next week and get to see my family, be there for my dad, my sister, my Grandma and everyone else. I don't know how my sister is doing other than she's in too bad of shape to talk to me yet. I haven't heard about my brother, either. He and I don't talk much. I'm going to call home now and hopefuly talk to my dad. I've only talked with my mother so far. Talking to my dad will help me know more about how he's doing and how my grandma is doing. Just thinking about her makes me tear up. I think about how she and my grandpa were almost never apart. They did everything together, even if they didn't do very much. I have no idea what's going to happen to her or the house they lived in since the 50's, or any of that. I feel so far away from my family right now, I really wish I could be with them. I can't believe I almost thought of not going down there.

On the plus side, both of my classes have been canceled for tomorrow. That will give me time to catch up on some much needed sleep.

No comments: