Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Back sooner than I thought

But, like I said, I may just want to share my birthday presents with you.
I got emails from my mom and dad, one from each, a call from my best friend in California, and from my sister. I bought myself beer tonight after work, but when I got home, my roommate Cesar had already put a 6er of Weinhard's PR in the fridge for me. MY mom also put a little money into a bank acount thats about to close. I'll probably use that to buy some awesome custom Vans, since they don't have the normal shoes I want in my size.
Jeremy was nice enough to spend some time with me this morning, and naturally bring me presents. One gift I was kind of expecting was a new flatbed scanner. My old one died last summer and I've wanted one ever since. It works like a peach! Or it is a peach. Whatever. Here's a scan of a drawing that I had to take a photo of for a previous post:


He also got me what he said was sort of a gag gift. We had discussed this show before. Are you ready?...

That's right! The first season of Maude. Silly boy ought to know by now, I take classic television very seriously, or at least wouldn't consider it a gag. An old roommate told me he had never seen me as excited as when the first season of the Brady Bunch came out on DVD.
The most unexpected gift came from the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. The had a feature article on men's underpants.

Granted, I find outrageous underpants like this to be silly (with their crazy designs), creepy (when they look like little kid's underwear), and retarded (when I see how much they cost)but nonetheless...it's a feature on men's underwear.
So, yeah, cool birthday.
Later, dudes.

No comments: