Thursday, February 08, 2007

Soaps02/08/07:Passions-The good with the bad


The stupidest thing about today's episode of Passions was the product placement for KY 2in1 Tingling massage liquid. Theresa was having a FANTASY about Ethan and in that fantasy, they pitched the massage/lubricant to the viewer. My immediate reaction to this kind of advertisment is a bad one, but when I think about it I guess it's not so bad. I mean, wasn't Jack Benny selling Lucky Strike cigarettes on his show back in the 50's? It's TV history.

Even if the K-Y thing was to be viewed in a negative light, it is made up for by the guest appearence by the Scissor Sisters . I'm not a big SS fan, in fact I've only heard the song Filthy Gorgeous. Their performance on Passions was really good, though, if only because it was a live performance. No lip synching! And they get to act a little bit. Since Endora conjured them up, they are confused and get mad at the witches. I especially like how they are about to beat up and old lady and an infant. Rad.

Plot-wise, I'm liking the fake Charity. Julian has hired a blonde to wear a mask and pretend to be Charity. I always like dual personalities as a plot device. Posing as someone else isn't as cool as evil twins, though. I have an evil twin. His name's Ted.

No comments: