Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I'm getting sick.

Today (wednesday)at work I had a headache all day and felt like shit. I though it was just because I had some beer with lunch then missed my bus while getting bus fare at a store. my mood improved, but the headache never went away. a little more than halfway through my shift I noticed I was stuffed up and my head was hot. I concluded that I was getting sick. It was difficult to figure it out because I rarely get sick.

I drank a bunch of orange juice, took some nigh-time Alka Seltzer cold medicine and tried a folk remedy that someone at work told me about. I boiled garlic and ginger root in water then added lemon juice and finally the whole lemon wedge. It was actually pretty good. Between that and the cold medicine I was feeling really loopy.


Fast forward to Thursday. I wake up about noon, having slept quite soundly. I still had a headach and I was still stuffy, but my mood is fantastic. For some reason I'm thinking it was the cold medicine. I REALLY want to take some more. I stumbled off to 7-11 to get more orange juice and food and beer and stuff. I'm feeling much better. I hardly ever get sick. If I do, it's not for very long.

No comments: