Monday, February 05, 2007

An Art Project

I text messaged a bunch of my friends asking them to send me one-word responses as inspiration for artwork. All replied, but I've only gotten around to a few of them.
The first one was from Nate, Who sent me "Scoundrel".

I did this while wasted on vodka. There's a sneer in there, but I dont know how clear that is in the photo. Sadly, I dont currently have a flatbed scanner. The roughly geometric background shapes are something I like to do, inspired by Sam Keith.
Another was Chelsea who sent me "Mice." Once she figured out it was me texting her, she elaborated. "Mutant mice with handguns battling dragons." I think this will be another ink drawing with watercolor. I did a quick one (still drunk) but it looked crappy.

I've been practicing dragons. Here's a drawing of me feeling the dragon out:

I want him to look real mean. I have a better doodle in my notepad at work.
Another one I got was from Tony. He sent me "stilts". This will probably just be a line drawing. I have a thumbnail for it, but thats about it:

My man, Jeremy, sent me "technophobe." I have a good idea for this one, but no sketches yet. I want to finish one or more of the other ideas before I start on that one.

No comments: