Thursday, June 04, 2009

just all ten of my children


A character recently returned to All My Children cast with a different actress. The odd thing about the casting is that it seems to be a case of reverse-SORAS (Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome). Commonly, characters will come back way older, leaving a child or teenager and returning as an adult. In this case, however, she seems to have gotten younger.

Liza Colby was portrayed by Marcy Walker until 2004. She returns now played by Melrose Place and Just the Ten of Us alum Jamie Luner. Luner is about nine years younger than walker in real life so, after a five year absence, the character has anti-aged by nine years. It doesn't help that her daughter has gone from a baby to a college student in the same amount of time. I think usually this would bother me, much like the SORAS inflicted upon Elivs Aron "EJ" Dimera on Days of Our Lives. Originally the son of the AWESOME Susan Banks, EJ went from infant to 30-year-old in about eight years. His return also failed to even address what happened to his mother, Susan Banks, played masterfully by Eileen Davidson. Watch here for classic Susan.

Where was I...? Oh, yeah, while it would normally irk me, I think Luner is doing a great job. OF course I remember Just the Ten of Us, but those memories have long been misty and water-colored. Melrose Place I totally remember and she was great in that too. I like how she plays the character and I think she's pretty and sultry and gives the show some sexy backbone. I hope it lasts!

1 comment:

jeremy said...

Guess what? Gay storyline coming to OLTL soon--starring none other than Johnny Storm's RL brother.