Wednesday, May 27, 2009

charm school drop outs

I was debating whether or not to use "drop out" or "cop out" in this title, either could work. I've noticed a trend in the trashy reality shows as of late, one that was probably inevitable. The trend is people voluntarily leaving the show. Some leave because they honestly don't feel they belong there, like Michael on Bromance and Vanessa, my original favorite from Pretty Wicked. I agree, they were both in the wrong place.
What I don't get is when people leave, or threaten to leave, because of flared emotions or feelings of betrayal. Examples that come to mind are London from Daisy of Love and Pretty Wicked's Amber. A lot of times these emotional outbursts are empty threats used as a ploy in "the competition", but things really start to hurt when we have actual casualties. Case in point: the most recent episode of Charm School.


Really, Farrah? You're leaving? I don't understand why. Because the black girls are fighting a lot? You weren't even in the bottom three. You just seemed annoyed by the bickerings of others that you took off. Actually you sounded a little racist there. Are you afraid of the black girls? What the french?!

Really, So Hood? What's your deal? Your friend got properly eliminated so you're gonna leave too? Why take it so personally? And you had just become my new favorite the week before.

I really thought that the producers would pretend to run after them and bring them back and they would say "I'm sorry, I really want to be here and change". Them changing their ways in charm school is something that I seriously hope these girls don't think is for real. Any time they say it I sincerely hope they are playing along. But these girls didn't have that chance, they took off and did not come back! I can't imagine any moral scruples would cause someone on this caliber of game show to walk away from the chance at, what was it, $100k? They are mistaken if they think the show is anything more than a vehicle for their careers and alcoholism. The wrongs that were wronged to them did not deem the emotional outcry that was displayed, or worth dropping out of any sort of competition. It just didn't make sense. Props to my girl Ashley: "I'm not going anywhere."

So now we have a problem. There's a new bottom three because after the others all left, things went on as usual. But the show is already hemorrhaging girls too quickly as it is. On top of the two leaving we have Beverly who got kicked out before the first elimination for fighting. The solution? Let them all stay, of course. The only thing I like less than that cop-out of a plan is the girls who took off, putting Ricki Lake and the poor folks at VH1 in that position in the first place.

At least we got to see sexy dancing with the elderly, always a good time, and that crazy bitch, Brittaney Star, on the carpet with her not-plugged-in-headphones. Yes, they are threatened by you because you are insane.

1 comment:

jeremy said...

I'm sticking with BayBayBay for the win.