Wednesday, January 23, 2008

i gotcher stimulative growth package right here!

I never paid much attention to teh economy. I only did enough to get by in economics class in high school which, believe me, wasn't much. This was a class that used Wall Street and The Secret of My Success as educational films. Still, with all this talk about a tax rebate, of course im going to pay attention. So they think giving $500-800 to people and $1600 to families will help boost the economy. Critics say it will put us further into debt, that people won't invest in the right places or just save it out of fear of a recession,and that lower-income families won't get as much, or anything, while they are the ones who really need it.
Regardless of the viewpoints, I dont think this is anything I haver a say in, so If they do fork over $800, what am I gonna do with it?

-I really want Photoshop in my laptop. I can get a student discount and, unless I'm misunderstanding, it shouldn't cost nearly as much as it does retail.

-I would like a quality digital camera. The one I have has run it's course, not that it was ever any good in the first place. I would like something to take decent dirty pic...er, decent reference photos for art work.

-I'd probably save a big chunk of it. Hey, this school shit ain't free.

-...Oh, I mean Im going to spend all of it on an LCD HD TV for Jeremy.

1 comment:

jeremy said...

That's right you are . . .