Monday, October 01, 2007

while i have a moment

My dad has my computer and says he'll "try to send it this week." That's sooner than I had hoped!
My first week of school went well. I'm still learning how to budget my time, although I think I did OK last week, with one exception. On Thursday I went to happy hour at Bleu with Chelsea instead of napping and doing my homework so I had to catch up on the math. I'm pretty much caught up now. Keeping my mind occupied has calmed me somewhat. My brain just had way too much free time for it's own good. It's a lot easier to go into robot mode at work. I feel further removed from the job, and at the same time I'm doing better work, in my opinion. But I sure am tired a lot.

Here's my take on my classes:

Interpersonal communication- It's gotten a lot easier for me to talk to strangers, sometimes I even do it voluntarily. Yes I still dread being put into groups or giving speeches but I have to say now I can do so with minimal effort. Before I moved to Seattle I rarely spoke a word to anyone unless poked with a stick. I already got in front of the class and told them that I've watched Days of Our Lives all my life.

Beginning Algebra- Took it once in 1995, once in 1999, and here I am again. This stuff just doesn't want to stick in my brain. For a subject that has little or no room for interpretation it can be quite complicated. I'm picking it up well, though. I think the fact that I am annoyed by the younger kids in class who say "What do we need this for?" is a good sign. I paid good money to learn this stuff, you little brat!

Yoga- makes me sleepy. It's fun, though. Here's hoping it will make me even more limber than I already am.

1 comment:

Earl Cootie said...

I took Algebra in 8th grade and only learned enough to pass, then because we moved that summer and my new school didn't have my old records, I decided to take it again in 9th grade (one fewer math class to take to graduate) and breezed right through it with perfect scores all year. But now I cannot remember a damn bit of it, which saddens me because I could probably find a use for it if I tried.