Friday, July 27, 2007

i'm totally psychic

Last night I had some dreams. As usual I only remember fragments. I remember ordering a vodka tonic at a bar. I remember my co-worker Pete sitting with me in the audience of some event and the dad from That 70's Show was sitting in front of us. Pete was bothering him making smart-ass comments about Eric Foreman.

The only other thing I remember had to do with my friend Garrett. I was in my bedroom and I received a text message from him. It looked as if he was trying to use his T9word thing but forgot to turn it on. That is to say I could barely make out the message. I could make out a little of it. Something about "beast", which would make sense because he's in a band called "Beast, Please Be Still", and something about a spin-off band, a concept not foreign to me, what with the incestuous nature of all the bands in Arcata while I lived there. After (kind of) reading the message, I heard Garrett outside in the living room, visiting with my roommate, Cesar. I went out there and said "Garrett, you've got to learn how to text message." That's what I remember from the dream.

I woke up this morning and turned on my computer. Garrett ims me, which he hardly ever does, and he uses Windows messenger, which we never use. He tells me that he entered the movie he made about me and my friends into the Northwest Film Forum Festival. Then he tells me about "Beast Wants Eternity". This is an amalgamation of his band and another called "Joy Wants Eternity". They are trying to get a bunch of people together to play with another 30-odd member band called "Dark Meat" from Athens, GA, who he tells me has members of "Elf Power" and "Neutral Milk Hotel". He also said I should play with them.

Needless to say I was taken aback. First, I was reeling from my psychic experience, then from the star power of these indie bands, then from the opportunity to play with them (even though I don't really play anymore). However, Garrett spelled all of his instant message correctly, so I'm probably not psychic after all.

No comments: