Friday, March 09, 2007

Passions Pissed part 1

It's true, it's true. Passions, a show that I have watched since it first aired in the summer of 1999, has been cancelled. I was there before Ethan and Theresa even met, and the wacky/stalker circumstances that led to their meeting. I saw Tabitha crate a living doll that she would use to destroy the Bennett Family. I watched when Alistair Crane was a Dr. Claw-like disembodied hand. I saw a house sucked into hell, a girl with untapped superpowers be replaced by a succubus for nearly six months, four actresses play Kay, three play Alistair, and two play Gwen. Needless to say, while I kinda hate Passions (I guess that's called a guilty pleasure, although I'm not guilty about it), I am very sad that it's going. I'm mostly sad because it didn't have to happen. Well, maybe. I don't know if better writing could have saved viewers, but there is no doubt that the stories and dialogue over the past few years has been fairly atrocious.
It's late, so I can't do this all now, but what I'm going to do is explain what is wrong with the current storylines. What athourity am I to do such a thing? Why, I'm an american with the internet.
Next: Kay/Miguel/Fox...The least energetic love triangle ever.

No comments: